Blog Education Spotlight
We want everyone to have as much fun with the Storyboard Creator as we do! Check out the wide array of storyboard tips, tricks, and ideas you can use in your classroom.
By Kristen Twomey
App smashing allows students to create projects using multiple applications (shortened to "apps") to achieve the end result. The applications can be anything from the camera app on a phone to a website like Storyboard That. Providing a variety of different apps to use lets students pick the ones that allow them to achieve their desired outcome. Each part of the project is completed in a different app and the result is an integrated presentation. Combining applications with Storyboard That enhances storytelling through the addition of photographs, audio, and video.
By Kristen Twomey
Character analyses are important for recognizing the depth and impact characters have on a story. Usually character analyses are a more in-depth assignment or short essay that require the student to think critically about one or more characters and make inferences from a careful reading of the text. It helps to have ways to visually organize the different parts of a character analysis with storyboards, graphic organizers or character analysis worksheets.
By Anna Warfield
"Okay everyone, I want you to put on your thinking caps and try to come up with ways to solve this problem!" Surely you have heard - or even said - something like that before. A "thinking cap" is an imaginary hat that supposedly helps you focus your thinking. What really focuses you is you, but using the thinking cap as a mindset can be very helpful.
Read More of Our Blog
- App Smashing with Storyboard That
- Back to School with Storyboard That
- Chrome Extensions: Accessibility
- Chrome Extensions: Language Comprehension
- Chrome Extensions: Vocab and Grammar
- Creating Worksheets For Your Kids
- Diagram a Process
- Differentiated Instruction
- French Teaching Materials
- How to Make a Worksheet
- How to Use a First Then Board
- How to Use the Copy Assignment Feature
- Ice Breaker Activities
- Increase Student Engagement, Enthusiasm, & Confidence
- Lab Safety
- Misconceptions in Science
- Storyboard That with PPT and More
- Timeline Maker
- What is a Storyboard?
- 3 Tips to Help Struggling Students
- 5 Ways Teachers Can Use Storyboard That's 16x9 Layout for ELA
- Acronyms Explained: TWIST + TP-CASTT
- Author Study: Edgar Allan Poe
- Book Reports 2.0
- Creating a Character Analysis
- ELA Activity Idea: Create a Book Summary with Storyboard That
- ESL Activities with Storyboard That
- Graphic Novel Project
- Story Starters and Writing Prompts
- Vocabulary Acquisition for ELLs
- App Smash with ThingLink
- App Smashing with WeVideo
- Birthday Cards
- Comic Maker
- Dialogue Between Two Friends: ESL Practice
- Harnessing Student Passions in History Class
- Make Your Own Poster
- PE Assessment Using Storyboard That
- Routine Charts
- SBT Comics
- Sequences, Summaries, & Stories
- Six Thinking Hats in the Classroom
- Social Stories for Young Children
- Stay Storyboarding All Summer Long
- Storyboard the Olympics
- Storyboards with Current Events
- Teach ESL with Storyboards
- Use Storyboard That All Year Long
Get the most out of Storyboard That with these great features!
During your 14-Day free trial, you and your students will have full access to all the classroom features.
- Unlimited Storyboards with up to 100 cells
- Personal Teacher Dashboard
- Support for Google Sign On
Photos for Class
Easily find that perfect photo thanks to integration with Photos for Class.
- Millions of Creative Commons photos
- Automatically cited when used
- Makes storyboards POP
After your storyboard is created easily export it to high resolution storyboard cells, PDF, slideshow, and so much more!
- Export to PowerPoint, Keynote, or Google Slides
- Upload to your blog, wiki, email or social media
- Create classroom posters and custom printables
Quickly turn any storyboard into a presentation to receive immediate feedback!
- One Click Live Slide Shows
- Export to PowerPoint (Keynote, and Google Slides compatible)
- Create a new presentation just as easily after edits