5 steps for Creating a Product Roadmap
A product roadmap is a visual depiction of how a product is going to grow or mature over a certain timeline. The product roadmap will generally contain the main aspects of the product that the company plans on developing. This is set it along a timeline so that stakeholders can track growth to make sure everything is on track. The roadmap is often then broken into smaller subsections so that stakeholder can see what the company is working on during any given week. Having a strong product roadmap is necessary for keeping a new company on track for success.
- Set Goals – The first step in creating a product road map is to set your goals. What are you trying to achieve? What problem(s) do you want to solve?
- Divide into epics – The next step is to divide your workload pipeline into epics, or overall categories. This will allow you to break down your large number of tasks into 3 or 4 key objectives.
- Divide epics into actionable items – After that, start adding actionable items into each of your epics. What can you get started working on now? And once that’s done – what’s next?
- Set your timeline – Now it’s time to create a reasonable timeline. Go through all of your tasks and make an educated guess on how long it will take to complete each one. Make sure this timeline fits within your overall calendar. This is a good way to see if you have extra time for more possible features, or are over your time budget and have to cut back.
- Iterate accordingly - Now that you have your roadmap, it’s time to get started. Start working and iterate your map accordingly. Maybe the first item takes much longer than expected, in which case refer back to the map so you can figure out the best course of action.
Just per month per user!
*(This will start a 2-Week Free Trial - No Credit Card Needed)
© 2021 - Clever Prototypes, LLC - All rights reserved.
Over 15 Million Storyboards Created