5 Steps to Creating User Personas
Download Free Persona Templates
A user persona is a prototypical user who holds certain characteristics that all other similar users hold. Most products have various types of target users, and there is a distinct user persona for each one. You can use a persona map to list out the customers key attributes, problems, and needs. Creating user personas helps a company step into the shoes of their target customers. It allows the company to experience the problems that their potential customers are having and leads them down the marketing channels where their potential customers will be looking for solutions. This then allows the company to know where and how to market their product successfully. It is not uncommon for a product to have 3-5 key personas and to market differently to each one.
- Evaluate your existing or hypothetical users and break them into a few categories. Who are they and what is their motivation? What is their background and their job? Why are they using your product?
- Title each one with an alliterative name. For example: Developer Dave, Salesperson Sam, or Marketer Mark.
- Create a picture of each persona. It helps to have a visual of your user to really humanize them and understand their motivation.
- Decide which factors and characteristics of each user are most important and write them next to or under the picture of your user persona.
- As you learn more about your user persona, change their characteristics. You should constantly be revisiting and reevaluating your personas for improved accuracy.
Just per month per user!
*(This will start a 2-Week Free Trial - No Credit Card Needed)
© 2021 - Clever Prototypes, LLC - All rights reserved.
Over 15 Million Storyboards Created